The National Contact Point for Society (NCP-Society) is the national information centre for researchers from public institutions and businesses who wish to participate in Horizon2020, the EU-Framework Programm for Research and Innovation of the EU in the field of the socio-economic sciences and humanities.
In order to also strengthen the humanities within the framework of EU funding programmes and create synergies for national funding, the National Contact Point for Society provides information on European funding opportunities and application procedures through a range of measures such as:
• Targeted information events for researchers and multipliers;
• Individual advice on project ideas and strategies when applying for EU funding;
• Assistance in forming international research consortia;
• Critical reviewing of project applications – from draft to fully completed application;
• A website and a newsletter with current information on the European Framework Programme.
The NCP also acts as a mediator between the EU Commission and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
In addition, the NCP-Society coordinates NET4SOCIETY, the EU-funded network of national contact points, which consists of almost 50 sister organisations in other member states, countries associated with the Framework Programme and third countries. The activities of NET4SOCIETY include organising international events and assisting researchers in forming international consortia.
[PDF - 201.2 kB]